Postdoctoral Fellowship in Ecology and Environmental Science in the Tropics and Subtropics at the University of Florida.
The International Center at the University of Florida is pleased to invite applications for the John J. and Katherine C. Ewel Fellowship Program in Ecology and Environmental Science in the Tropics and Subtropics. This program will enable a recent doctorate recipient to study ecology and environmental sciences at the University of Florida (UF).
The fellowship will provide an annual stipend of $54,000 plus an annual allowance of $15,000 for health insurance, research support, professional development, and travel.
YOU MAY LIKE| LMU Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2020, Germany
- Candidates for the 2020 Ewel Fellowship should have received their PhD no earlier than five years.
- Candidates with a doctorate or equivalent in any field are eligible, and they may propose research projects in any discipline related to ecology and the environment.
- Each candidate must secure a commitment letter from one or more UF faculty to serve as a mentor and to provide office and lab space for the two-year fellowship.
- The University of Florida is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and non-US citizens are encouraged to apply.
- Only individuals may apply.
- Candidates may have received their PhD degree from any university in the world except the University of Florida. Foreign nationals must be proficient in English (writing and speaking).
- Successful candidates should be prepared to commit to work at UF for the full two years, which includes time spent overseas doing research. The fellowship requires residency at UF for at least half of the fellowship period, i.e., 12 months, not necessarily continuous.
YOU MAY LIKE|KILLAM POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP 2020, CANADA
Proposal Preparation Instructions
A complete postdoctoral fellowship application consists of the following:
- Completed Application Form.
- Project summary, limited to one page.
- Project description, limited to five pages including all figures and tables.
- References cited (does not count against the five page limit).
- Biographical sketch (e.g., curriculum vitae), limited to two pages. List publications separately.
- Current and pending support.
- An abstract of your dissertation.
- Two letters of support
- From your UF mentor which includes a two page curriculum vitae from the mentor
- From your thesis/dissertation advisor
Guidance on your Proposal
The project description is your research and training plan and covers the research you will do and the training you will receive during your fellowship. Include a brief introduction, a statement of your research objectives, methods, significance of your research, your training objectives, an explanation of how the fellowship activities will enhance your career, and a justification for the selection of your UF mentor.
YOU MAY LIKE|2020 Postdoctoral Fellowship @ MBARI, USA
Guidance on the letter of support from your UF mentor
The letter of support from the UF mentor should include a brief description of the research projects she/he is involved with and how your research and training plan would fit into and benefit the ongoing research. A description of the role the UF mentor will play in mentoring the fellowship recipient and in the proposed research should also be included.
OGRE cannot help applicants in identifying mentors.
If you have questions about the fellowship or application process, please contact:
Dr. Sandra L Russo
Director – Office for Global Research Engagement
University of Florida International Center
Tel.: +1 (352) 273-1533
Call for Applications – Due: January 6, 2020
YOU MAY LIKE|Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2020