The Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is an interdisciplinary research institute devoted to leading-edge research in the physical sciences, computation, engineering, biology, behavior, cognition, and neuroscience. Three postdoctoral fellows programs support outstanding scientists at the Beckman Institute: the Beckman Institute Postdoctoral Fellows Program, the Beckman-Brown Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Fellows Program, and the Carle Foundation Hospital-Beckman Institute Postdoctoral Fellows Program.
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent within the last 10 years.
- Relevance of the proposed research plan to the portfolio of the Beckman Institute.
- Application package includes four letters of reference:
- Two letters regarding the applicant’s prior work experience
- Two letters from the proposed Beckman Institute faculty mentors/collaborators, with at least one being a full-time or part-time member of the Beckman Institute faculty
- Letters from proposed Beckman Institute faculty mentors/collaborators should explain how the faculty member intends to support the applicant’s research plan.
- Fellows receive an annual stipend of $54,000, reimbursement for health insurance, and a $25,000 research budget that can be spent on research activities such as research supplies, equipment, and conference and workshop travel.
- Fellows are appointed annually for up to three years.
- Fellows are expected to engage both in research and in activities with broader impact.
- Fellows are expected to write annual reports and to check in monthly with the Beckman Institute Director.
Applications for the 2020 Beckman Institute Postdoctoral Fellows Program are now being accepted until 5:00 PM Central Time on Monday, November 25, 2019.