ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship program Asia-Pacific is funded by the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) and is supported by swissnex India and the Embassies of Switzerland in Singapore and in Australia. The aim of the program is to promote research opportunities in Switzerland for Indian, Australian and Singapore students and to foster the exchange between Swiss and Asia-Pacific universities & institutions.
To apply for a ThinkSwiss Scholarship you must:
• Currently be enrolled at an accredited Indian, Australian or Singapore university/ institute
• Be a master degree student or a bachelor degree student who will have completed the 2nd year by the time the research stay in Switzerland begins
• Provide a written confirmation from a professor at a Swiss university that he/ she will accept you for
a research stay in his/ her group.
The application and all supporting documents must be uploaded on the online application form in PDF format
to by 15 January 2020. In order to be considered for this scholarship, each application must contain:
1. A cover letter outlining your research project (e.g. an overview of the tasks and milestones of your project that you agreed on with your host professor) and explaining why you should be awarded the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship and why you would make an excellent “student ambassador” in the future
2. Your CV (no more than two pages)
3. A copy of your current university transcripts (we accept photocopies of official transcripts issued to the student)
4. A letter of acceptance from the professor and/ or hosting institution in Switzerland. Please request for a confirmation letter on the University/ Institute letterhead from the host professor.
5. A letter of recommendation from a current professor who can attest to the applicant’s abilities
Notification to awardees
All ThinkSwiss scholarship winners will be notified by 10 February 2020 and must accept this scholarship
by 20 February 2020.
Timeframe of your stay
The applicant is free to schedule research anytime between 1 May 2020 and 15 December 2020. The finishing
date of your research internship cannot be later than 15 December 2020. Please be aware that in Switzerland
the semester break is approximately from June to mid-September and that during this time universities are less
Payment of the scholarship
The ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship provides a prorated amount according to the length of your stay, maximum upto three months: a monthly scholarship of CHF 1,600 (approx. USD 1,600) for a period of two to three months (CHF 4,800 maximum).